Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dovydas

Dynamic Line and Column chart - need some help with slicers and managing chart

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here, so please be patient with me. I need a little of your help and wisdom 🙂

I am trying to build a chart Dynamic Line and Column chart and can`t seem to get the functionality that I need to customise it. The chart will have a few columns and lines assigned to custom X, Y and Y1 axes, along with a few slicers, and the problem is that I can't seem to find a way to assign different axes and slicers to different lines.

For example the idea of the graph is to to provide user easy-to-compare market data that could be easily drilled down, sliced and adjusted to users needs.

1) Column graph shows the salaries that are breaked down to man and women to compare equality.

2) Red line shows minimum salary in the region.

3) Yellow line should be the same data as 1), but independent of colums slicers (basically showing comparison data, mainly averages)

Slicers:

• Company (to sort data by company)

• City (to sort data by City)

• Region (to sort data by region)

• Date (to adjust data displayed in needed timescale)

What does not work.

1. All lines get assigned the same axes, in this case Y1. Y1 does not work for the yellow line and I need to assign it to the Y axes, and only the red line to the Y1 axes, but cant find a way to do that.

2. The data displayed on the chart and assigned to different chart components is completely controlled by one slicer/set of slicers. But I would like to have the yellow line to have a different set of slicers than the others. So depending on scenario the chart should allow user to compare any one particular Company vs other Target companies OR vs Region OR vs City. For that Yellow line (3) needs to have separate Company, City and Region Slicers from Columns (1). But currently the same set of slicers applies to all the chart components, so basically I would like to be able to control different lines/columns independently.

Power-BI Dynamic Column and line chart.JPG

Many thanks in advance,

Dovydas

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Dovydas

In Power BI Desktop combo chart, you can only have one Y-axis for column/bar and the the other for line. And the chart will repond to all slicers, it's not supported to have slicer working for corresponding part within chart independently. 

In your scenario, I suggest you separtate the Line chart and Column chart. Then you can edit the interaction between slicers and charts.

55.PNG

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.