Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Dynamic Hyperlink Buttons Based on Selection

Hello Team, 

I am looking for some creative advice! 
Concept

I created a master spreadsheet that is on SharePoint that I added all of our report direct links to each report and names, etc to so that the users can have one place to "Search Reports" based on keywords, Report Notes we made about it, Name, etc.  

Desire

Have dynamic buttons that based on the selected values, the first button goes to the hyperlink for the first selected, second button goes to the second, etc. 

I want to give the users 10 buttons total. Based on the 10 selected and name the button based on the "Report Name" . 

Issue

I am trying to figure out how to get the 1st selected to button 1, 2nd to button 2, etc. 

I have the power to add to the spreadsheet columns as needed so any ideas would help us all with this concept. 🙂 

Current Measure for the Bookmark Selected - (but need the 2nd, 3rd, etc.)

"Bookmark 1 = SELECTEDVALUE('Master Links Dashboard'[Report Link])"

Power BI Master Link - Button Concept.jpgPower BI Master Link - Button Concept - button.jpgPower BI Master Link - Button Concept - button fx.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

@v-shex-msft man you have my head spinning in a good way 🙂 . Thinking of the measure, how can I get it to know for each button to get specific URL. 

Example - 

I added an ID column to the table. So IF the selected value is say ID = 1 then use the URL column for the button. 

If they choose ID = 4 next then that URL. 

If they then choose ID = 119 next then that URL assigned for the button and of course the Report Name column on the button so they know which is assigned to which button.

Then we have a dynamic bookmark button page. 🙂 

Thanks in adavance for any assist on this one! 

Hi @rbartles111213 ,

Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep the raw data structure with expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello, sorry first time asking for help on here and my company doesn't allow us to add files externally so some dummy image is below. 

Basically based on the selected values in a table, activate each button in the order they are in the filtered list. If not selected, don't activate the button. If the button is activated use the web url as the action. 

Image is the idea but having 10 buttons and 4 would be active based on selected and 6 deactivated.
My personal bookmark - PBI button sample.jpg

HI @rbartles111213,

Current power bi seems not include featured to auto create multiple buttons based on filtered table records.
BTW, here is the dax measure expressions that can show dynamic string and url based on selections.

DynamicName =
CONCATENATEX ( ALLSELECTED ( Table1 ), [ReportName], "," )

ConditionURL =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( Table1[Report Selection] ),
    SELECTEDVALUE ( Table1[Report Link] )
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Xiaoxin Sheng, thank you so much! The measures gave me the exact thing I needed for button text and URL!

I just need to work the logic of 1st selected to assign to the 1st button and 2nd to the 2nd button etc. Then I can create 10 buttons as default. Thinking out how that will work... 

Thank you again!

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @rbartles111213,

Yes, this is possible to be achieved in power bi.

You can enable the button text based on measure that interact with filter selections. Then you can configure its action to 'web URL' with an expression to concatenate URL text strings based on selections.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.