Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Frequency Value Part 2 (following question)

Hi Experts

he is the link to the first question i posted which gives me the correct results.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/creating-a-dynamic-table-in-Power-BI/td-p/753192

I want to be ble to get the frequency as shown below (see image) using the date and Material ID columns.

Capture.PNG

Sample file is availble at the location of the first question.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/creating-a-dynamic-table-in-Power-BI/m-p/754431#M363568

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the how the previous measure was worked out and it is spot on 100% dynamically. I am having trouble using the Material_ID and the Dates in the mesure as shown in prevous posting..

__s = 
VAR ComplaintsByFiscalMo = ADDCOLUMNS(VALUES(PMS_COMPLAINT[FISCAL_MON_START_DT]),"CountComplaints", CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(PMS_COMPLAINT)))
RETURN
SUMX(ComplaintsByFiscalMo, 
        IF([FISCAL_MON_START_DT]>EARLIER([FISCAL_MON_START_DT])&&[CountComplaints]>EARLIER([CountComplaints]), 1,
        IF([FISCAL_MON_START_DT]>EARLIER([FISCAL_MON_START_DT])&&[CountComplaints]<EARLIER([CountComplaints]), -1))
    )
)+0

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Route217,

The link of your sample in your first link is expired, so I suggest you could upload your sample in this post, then we could help you more correctly.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Zoe

Apologies here is the link to the original dataset.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpvte6ms66wv8u5/apples.pbix?dl=0

Anonymous
Not applicable

This formula work prefectly to get the 84 as shown in the image at the start of the question. BUT my issues is how do i apply this method to my data set.

__freq = 
VAR __table = SUMMARIZE(MK,[Value],"__ties",COUNT(MK[ID])-1)
VAR __table1 = ADDCOLUMNS(__table,"__freq",IF([__ties]=0,0,[__ties]*([__ties]+1)*(2*[__ties]+7)))
RETURN
SUMX(__table1,[__freq])
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the how the previous measure was worked out and it is spot on 100% dynamically. I am having trouble using the Material_ID and the Dates in the mesure as shown in prevous posting..

__s = 
VAR ComplaintsByFiscalMo = ADDCOLUMNS(VALUES(PMS_COMPLAINT[FISCAL_MON_START_DT]),"CountComplaints", CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(PMS_COMPLAINT)))
RETURN
        IF([FISCAL_MON_START_DT]>EARLIER([FISCAL_MON_START_DT])&&[CountComplaints]>EARLIER([CountComplaints]), 1,
        IF([FISCAL_MON_START_DT]>EARLIER([FISCAL_MON_START_DT])&&[CountComplaints]<EARLIER([CountComplaints]), -1))
    )
)+0

So I guess I don't understand your question.  Are you just trying to get the frequency total (P19 in the image) for a single/smaller selection of MATERIAL_IDs/dates?  If you slice your data, (by dates, by MATERIAL_ID, whatever) it should update the statistics with whatever data is available.  By default, you have your report filtered by ROLL12_COMPLETE_PDS_IND, so your values match the pre-calculated ones.

If it's helpful, here's the measure I used to get the total in P19 in the report last time:

P19 = 
VAR DuplicateTotals = GROUPBY(GROUPBY(PMS_COMPLAINT, PMS_COMPLAINT[FISCAL_MON_START_DT],"CountComplaints", COUNTX(CURRENTGROUP(),1)), [CountComplaints],"Dupe Count", COUNTX(CURRENTGROUP(),1))
RETURN
SUMX( DuplicateTotals, ([Dupe Count]-1) * ([Dupe Count]) * (2*([Dupe Count]-1)+7))
Anonymous
Not applicable

the dax is spot on an gives the correct end result.

The only problem i can see with the whole Mann Kandell calculation for __s and __freq is when you have blank data points. 

In R you have to input 12 data point for 12 months and months with not data are shown as 0 not blank. So how do you get around this in DAX.

R Input top part of screen and results bottom part.RSCript.PNG

Power BI Issues to over come

Capture.PNG

The Mann kandell falls apart when you have less then 12 data points. if we have 12 data points all the values are 100% spot on with R. the answer lies in getting 0 into the table. for that measure. 

If you want a measure to return zero instead of blank by default, you can just add +0 to the end of the expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't work...it mess up other measure. Then u have filter 0nfrom other measure. Been banging my head against a wall....

I think the solution lies in having a complete data points for 12months for each material I'd by date.
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. re you just trying to get the frequency total (P19 in the image) - YES

2. for a single/smaller selection of MATERIAL_IDs/dates? YES - ROLL12_COMPLETE_PDS_IND = Y

3. By default, you have your report filtered by ROLL12_COMPLETE_PDS_IND, so your values match the pre-calculated ones. -Reason is this is my Y period of 12 months. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many Thanks and let me test and come back, much appreocated as always for the positive feedback.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.