Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

naveenvs
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Date range on X axis for a Line Chart

I have a line chart that shows data for 2 projects (Line data is plotted cumulative over date). The projects can be selected using a slicer.

Now the issue is one project is spanned over 4 monts (Aug - Nov) and other project is over 2 months (Aug - Sep). when I select the latter, I need to break the X axis (Date) when the project ends in Sep. Is there a way I can make the X axis dynamic based on the selction of the project.

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @naveenvs ,

Sorry, based on my test, I can't reproduce your situation. My sample data is this and the result is the displaying by the gif. I switch from project A to project B, and the month automatically ends in September.

SalesDateProject

48/8/2020A
59/9/2020A
610/10/2020A
711/11/2020A
28/8/2020B
39/9/2020B
18/1/2020A
29/1/2020A
310/1/2020A
411/1/2020A
58/1/2020B
69/1/2020B

result dynamic1.gif

The pbix file which I tested is here.

Could you provide some more detailed sample data? And I will try my best to help you.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@naveenvs , ideally when the project, which is having two months of data, it should two display months only. but difficult to say without looking at data and formula and screenshot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.