Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

CharlotteB
Helper II
Helper II

Dual-axis bar and line chart, bars on y-axis and line on x-axis

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to create a dual-axis bar and line chart where the bars are on the y-axis. Through my research and playing around, it seems like you can only have the bars on the x-axis, so I wanted to reach out here to see if I'm not seeing something and if this is possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CharlotteB ,

For line graphs, currently you can only change the position of the y-axis display (left or right), you cannot swap the x-axis and y-axis.

vhenrykmstf_0-1666862049615.png

Also for creating a dual-axis bar, you can refer to the following blog for a detailed guide.

Dual Y axis values in one grouped column chart - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CharlotteB ,

For line graphs, currently you can only change the position of the y-axis display (left or right), you cannot swap the x-axis and y-axis.

vhenrykmstf_0-1666862049615.png

Also for creating a dual-axis bar, you can refer to the following blog for a detailed guide.

Dual Y axis values in one grouped column chart - Microsoft Power BI Community

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.