Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smtiwari
Helper I
Helper I

DrillThrough Button showing blank text

Hi All,

I am using a measure with  SELECTEDVALUE to generate drill through button  text , my visual just has 1 category so I was expecting the button in grey to show "15+" instead its showing blank, the same measure shows the correct value when used in the table itself

It seems when used in button selected value is considering nulls in column as 2 distinct values . Any ideas, if I can resolve this?

ss.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smtiwari ,

Please share me your .pbix file for test. Please remove sensitive information.

It is suggested to upload your file to OneDrive for Business and then paste the link here.

Best regards

Icey

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@smtiwari , Your screenshot is not making the issue clear. How is the value selected? , If there is more than one value selectedvalue will still give one value.

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Hi @amitchandak 

Thnks for responding,

So here the button text works fine , 2 values in visual , button shows default disabled text-Marketing

C1.PNG

Based upon user , data is filtered, so in some cases we only get 1 value here, this is also fine, it has one distinct value so its just showing that text instead of default text:

C2.PNG

Problem is with some visuals, with the same scenario but Button is behaving different, like below:

Here, Button is showing disabled Text , Instead of 15+, although visual just has one category, however as you can see same measure is showing correct value in table itself

only difference between  these visuals is , Category column here, has  NULLs in entire data set apart from having one category 15+

C3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.