Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill through for Gauge visualization.

Hi,

Is there a way to do drill through for Gauge? Apparently, when I am right-clicking of Guage, it only shows me three option 1: Show as table 2 group and 3 copy visual. But when I can change the Gauge to Table or matrix, it allows me to do drill through for the same data.  Does anyone know a way around to do drill through for guage. ThanksGuage doesn't show drill throughGuage doesn't show drill throughTable shows drill throughTable shows drill through

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous

There is not because the gauge does not have any categorical fields (color, region, company, etc).  These are the fields you would put on the rows in a matrix visual and these are the fields that drillthrough uses.  If you make a matrix visual and put just your measure on it there you will see the same behavior.

In my example below I added Category as a drillthrough field to page 2.

jdbuchanan71_0-1593876799392.png

When category is in the matrix on page 1 I can drillthrough.

jdbuchanan71_1-1593876838150.png

If I remove category from the matrix the "target" of my drillthrough is no longer available to read so I cannot drillthrough.

jdbuchanan71_2-1593876909142.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous

There is not because the gauge does not have any categorical fields (color, region, company, etc).  These are the fields you would put on the rows in a matrix visual and these are the fields that drillthrough uses.  If you make a matrix visual and put just your measure on it there you will see the same behavior.

In my example below I added Category as a drillthrough field to page 2.

jdbuchanan71_0-1593876799392.png

When category is in the matrix on page 1 I can drillthrough.

jdbuchanan71_1-1593876838150.png

If I remove category from the matrix the "target" of my drillthrough is no longer available to read so I cannot drillthrough.

jdbuchanan71_2-1593876909142.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.