Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

y0aj

Drill Through Different Tables

I was just wondering how to drill through from one table to another table that contains different but similar fields. Basically both tables have an Account number and a month field. Table 1's month field is "Month" while Table 2's is named "Period". Both month fields are numbers representing the month (1 = January). I add the Account field into the drill-through field and when I drill through from Table 1, it shows me the corresponding Account field in Table 2. However, the Month field does not carry over to the drill through results.

Ex. Drill through Account number 201 for January. It takes me to another page with Account number 201 filtered but the month of January is not being filtered.

What can I do so both Account number and month is being filtered after drill through?

6 REPLIES 6
neoannqi
Frequent Visitor

Hi I have the same situation, so I connected the date and it worked. But I would like to apply the filter "Platform" along with the date as well. Power BI doesn't allow me to connect both the date and Platform relationship as it detects complication. Is there anyway I can let the drillthrough filter, filter my other table too?

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @y0aj ,

Has your problem been solved?

Check two points as @serpiva64 mentioned.

1. Month column and Period column have been made active relationship.

vkalyjmsft_0-1645520241144.png

2.Turn on the Keep all filters button.

vkalyjmsft_1-1645520296284.png

Please kindly let me know if you still have other problems.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

serpiva64
Super User
Super User

Hi,

have you Keep all filters selected?

serpiva64_0-1645050999870.png

Have you a Date Table and which is the relationship between Table 1 and Table 2? I think Month field in table 1 is not related to period.

If this post is useful to help you to solve your issue consider giving the post a thumbs up 

and accepting it as a solution !

y0aj_0-1645123178581.png

Something like this? Also, which relationships should be active/inactive?  I created a Date table with date, month_number, month_name. I created corresponding relationships to Table 1 and Table 2 from Date table. But still doing the same as before and not filtering by month, just account number.

Hello,

i think that the model has problem.

Can you please share pbix file or sample data for three table

Hi 
There are problem in your data model
Can you please share pbix file or sample data for three table

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.