Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't summarize values in matrix visual

Hi,
I have a column of percentages and can view them properly in a table, but when i turn the table to a matrix, it sums it up and there is no "don't summerize" option. I also changed the default summarization to 'don't summarize' but it still doesn't work. Is there anything i could do about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

As a general rule I don't store percentages in columns as they are typically non-additive. Instead I store the raw values that are used to calculate the percentage, then I create a measure to calculate the percentage. In this way the percentage can be calculated correctly regards of any grouping or filtering that is applied.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

As a general rule I don't store percentages in columns as they are typically non-additive. Instead I store the raw values that are used to calculate the percentage, then I create a measure to calculate the percentage. In this way the percentage can be calculated correctly regards of any grouping or filtering that is applied.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

When adding columns in the "value" of a matrix, it would summarize as "sum" by default.

the values for the column would sum grouped by the column in "row".

Please see my example, if i add the same column in the "row" as table,

it shows correctly in a matrix.

Capture12.JPG

If there are many columns in "row" field, please expand all levels to see the correct values.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.