Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cobalt58_9
Frequent Visitor

Does This Require Multiple Slicers?

Hi everyone. I'm going to try my best to describe what I'm doing before asking my question.

I have a report that is quickly expanding. It's gone from one page to now four because as we add features/partnerships, people are asking for info to be broken out more. So for example:

I have Product 1 and Product 2.
Under those are Feature A, B, C, etc.

So basically now I have four pages that goes 1A, 1B & C; 2A, 2B; with talks of Product 3 being added shortly.

UPDATED: Here's my new question, and the below photo for reference: How do I sync a Slicer pane I created to control three of the Products. The Pane would be connected to the bar chart, a Date Range Slicer, and the three Card Visuals so users can cycle through P1, P2, P3, and they all change accordingly.

data_card.PNG

Is this even possible or am I understanding Slicers incorrectly? Will I need to sync an additional Slicer to my Pane that controls the Cards?

I cannot figure this out for the life of me because I am but a simple newb. So please, like Michael Scott once said, "Explain this to me like I'm five."

Thanks all!

2 REPLIES 2
AnalyticsWizard
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

When it comes to your expanding report, think of it like building a LEGO castle. Right now, you’ve got four separate rooms (pages) for different products and features. But what if we could have just one or two big rooms with magical windows (slicers) that let viewers see exactly what they want? 🏰

Here’s the plan:

1. Combine Rooms: Take your existing pages (1A, 1B & C, 2A, 2B) and merge them into one or two pages. Imagine these as big castle halls.
  2. Magic Windows (Slicers): Add slicers! These are like special windows that let viewers filter the information. Want to see only Product 1? Turn the Product 1 window. Want Feature B? Spin the Feature B window.
  3. Menu for Wizards: Create a menu (maybe at the top) with labels like “Products” and “Features.” When viewers click, they’ll magically see the right info.
samratpbi
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

I am not sure about how the data is structured, but if you have Products and Features in a dimension table, you may 2 slicers for those and filter all visuals in a single page accordingly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.