Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wmeyer
Helper III
Helper III

Does Customer have same value in multiple columns

I have a table called Customer Base, that contains all customer transactions, with columns for Customer ID, Transaction Month, and Lost Month (meaning if they havent purchased before that date they are considered lost).  I'm trying to calculate, if the lost month for that customer transaction = the start month for any of that customer's orders, then not blank, otherwise 1. In other words, if the customer purchases in the "lost month" then we don't want to consider them lost, we want to consider them reacquired.  

I have tried to use the lookup function, but i can't figure out how to look up by Customer.

lost month= start month.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @wmeyer

I'm not very clear about your expected output. I have create  a calculated column and get the result like below.

Capture.PNG

If you want to get the output above, you could have a reference of the formula below.

Column = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Lost Month],'Table'[Lost Month],'Table'[Start of Month of Transaction Date])

Column 2 = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Start of Month of Transaction Date],'Table'[Start of Month of Transaction Date],'Table'[Lost Month])

If you still need help, please show your desired output, so that we can help further investigate on it?

Best regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @wmeyer

I'm not very clear about your expected output. I have create  a calculated column and get the result like below.

Capture.PNG

If you want to get the output above, you could have a reference of the formula below.

Column = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Lost Month],'Table'[Lost Month],'Table'[Start of Month of Transaction Date])

Column 2 = LOOKUPVALUE('Table'[Start of Month of Transaction Date],'Table'[Start of Month of Transaction Date],'Table'[Lost Month])

If you still need help, please show your desired output, so that we can help further investigate on it?

Best regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.