Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Display year and month on X-axis of visual chart

I want to show both the year and the month on the X-axis of a visual. I can get the year to appear or the month but not the year and the month. What might I be doing wrong?

year and month.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Drill down a level in your hierarchy on the visual

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello, I am configuring the chart using this procedure, but I would like to know how to remove or filter those bars that do not have registered data yet:

MariGra1009_0-1673516769472.png

you can tell me how I can filter them? since I only need what they have registered data.

Thank you

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The first thing you need to do is select the Year - month in the date hierarchy

alcaesc80_1-1642118008835.png

Then you go to the chart you built and in the upper right you click on "Expand a whole level in the hierarchy" and that's it!

alcaesc80_2-1642118118935.png

If your chart looks like this..

alcaesc80_3-1642118268407.png

You can go to the format options and in the category "X axis" disable the option of "Concatener tags"

alcaesc80_4-1642118365483.png

With this option, your chart will look like this:

alcaesc80_5-1642118416841.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous create new column with year and month

Year Month = FORMAT( Table[Date], "YYYY-MM" )

and use above on the x-axis 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

Follow the following thread for the solutions:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Month-and-Year-on-the-X-Axis/m-p/869674

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Drill down a level in your hierarchy on the visual

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.