Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mandarnakil
Frequent Visitor

Display Disclaimer Message in the Paginated Report in Power Bi Report Builder

Hello! I have created a Paginated Report in the Power Bi Report Builder.

The report has parameters. I want to add a disclaimer/instructions about  selecting the parameters, in the parameters section before the user clicks on View Report button. I checked in the Report Builder but it seems we cannot insert any text box or image in the parameters section.  
Can someone help me with this please? Is there any work around for this? That would be really helpful.

6 REPLIES 6
v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mandarnakil ,

There is currently no direct way to insert text boxes or images in the parameter section of a report.
My suggestion is to add a text box directly next to the parameter-related visual object to prompt for it, or create a page of reports dedicated to prompting for it. 
Or you can choose to customize the tooltip, this method does not take up the report space, but you need to hover the mouse over the specified visual object in order to display the content of the tip.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-junyant-msft ! Thanks for the answer. 
I wanted to ask, what do you mean by "adding a text box directly next to the parameter-related visual object to prompt for it, or create a page of reports dedicated to prompting for it". I did not get where should I be adding the text box.  Can you please elaborate it a bit more? 

Hi @mandarnakil ,

I mean here in Power BI Service to add a text box:

vjunyantmsft_0-1701737106825.png

Best Regards,
Dino Tao

Hi @v-junyant-msft !

Thanks for the response. I think you might have missed it but I am using Power Bi Report Builder, not the Power Bi Service. 

Hi @mandarnakil ,

I know you are using Power BI Report Builder, and there is also text box in Power BI Reoprt Builder:
Add, move, or delete a text box in a Power BI paginated report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
Please forgive me if my previous reply caused you any distress.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-junyant-msft !

No worries! Just wanted to let you know that because I thought you had missed it.

Also I had gone through the link that you provided. But that text box can only be added to the Canvas in the Report Builder and not in the parameters section. If we add it in the Canvas, we will only be able to see it after Running the Report. I want to show the disclaimer/instructions about how to select the parameters actually. Hence I cannot place it on the canvas, need to show it in the parameters section itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.