Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

FeelthePowerBI

Discrepencies between average calculations

Hi there, I am running a report and I cannot seem to understand why there are differences between average calculations within the dashboard. I am using a gauge with the average of a metric (Actual work / Planned Work). Within the line graph I have an 'average line' that is using the same measure as the gauge and there is a difference between the average line within the line graph and the gauge. This is true even when the slicer on the gauge is not filtering by date (the axis of the line graph). The difference between the line graph and the gauge is even more significant when I apply a slicer that is based on location.

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @FeelthePowerBI,

Have you tried the suggestions provided by @Anonymous above? Does it help?

If the issue persists, could you post your table structures with some sample/mock which can help us reproduce this issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? It's better that you can just share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @FeelthePowerBI,

You should check that there are'nt any visual specific filters in place, you should check that for all the visuals you encounter this problem with. They can be found in the tab below:

Capture.PNG

Please let me know if you find something here.

Regards,

L.Meijdam

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.