Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jay_patel
Helper IV
Helper IV

Disable Export Option

Hello All 

I want to disable the export option which is on the top of pbix (in power BI Service) or atleast disable export to excel in from export option on the top.Screenshot (70).png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jay_patel , In power bi service, From three dots on right top, Go to -> Setting-> Admin portal -> tenant setting  -> there you can control the export setting

Screenshot 2021-05-19 12.19.49.png

View solution in original post

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jay_patel 

In case you don't have permission to access admin portal, you can change the options in Power BI Desktop, then republish the pbix to Service.

options.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Boj
Advocate I
Advocate I

Will adjusting the Tenant settings remove the ability to "Export Data" on a matrix table directly?  I'd like to remove this download button as well for Excel, but don't want to remove the abiltity to export a matrix table when we set one up for this specific purpose.

Thanks!,

Josh

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jay_patel 

In case you don't have permission to access admin portal, you can change the options in Power BI Desktop, then republish the pbix to Service.

options.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I set my report to "Don't allow users to export any data..." and republished to the site, and yet when I go into the reports I am still able to export to Excel, PDF, or Powerpoint.

Hi!

I'm also having the same problem, I applied all these steps and it's still enabled.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jay_patel , In power bi service, From three dots on right top, Go to -> Setting-> Admin portal -> tenant setting  -> there you can control the export setting

Screenshot 2021-05-19 12.19.49.png

Do we need to have premium License for power bi as these options are not available in pro license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.