Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ADPowerBI1
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Direct Query not properly refreshing

I made a sample page with some dummy data:

ADPowerBI1_0-1681986344290.png

The table with this data uses direct query. 
When data has been added and I click a filter, the new data will show (The first createdDateTime in the table shows a later entry)

ADPowerBI1_1-1681986431652.png

When i unfilter the new data is lost and the old data is presented (it shows exactly as in the first screenshot).

Why is this happening? surely it can't be set up so that something has to be filtered constantly for new data to show?
I would want to be able to filter to update the data, then unfilter to present all the new data. Why doesn't this happen?

2 REPLIES 2
vicky_
Super User
Super User

I don't think the data should be refreshing at all. When you select the "Awaiting Diagnosis" the data is being filtered, so obviously the rows in the table will be different. The dashboard won't refresh in real time (unless they click the refresh button). If you need that functionality, you would need to look into streaming datasets.

ADPowerBI1
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

To my knowledge, direct query means the data is querying live on interaction. Also of course the values will change when filtering, but if you look at the date column (ordered by date desc) you'll see that when unfiltered it shows an earlier date at the top of the table than when filtered (this should not happen as unfiltered should contain all dates). 

So when i filter the dashboard correctly queries the db, and refreshes the data. When unfiltering, it goes back to the old data. 

When i filter, the table shows a da

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.