Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Difference between labels

Nice day

I hope you can help me with the following concern, I am making a report where in the data transformation some of my labels vary between some capitalization or all, this is my data transformation:

IsraelHiriart_0-1624988141557.png

You can see that in my column of "Name" in row 55 I have the name "BUILDINGS" in capital letters but in the next row 56 I have the same name "Buildings" but only with the first in capital letters, same case with rows 61,62 and 63, among many others of all my data, this information is so correct.

The problem is when I want to visualize this information in a table graph, the previous rows put me all in capital letters, as well as I show in the following image:

IsraelHiriart_1-1624988447355.png

How could I tell you to leave the data in the report as it is in my data transformation?

In advance thank you very much for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

In desktop, DAX is case-insensitive, so if you type directly, all you get is 1 .But you can enter the data in Query Editor . I will introduce the steps of this operation , you can refer to it .

(1)Transform Data in desktop of Power BI , and add a new Blank Query .

Ailsamsft_0-1625211825992.png

(2)Enter the following formula (Character.FromNumber(8203) is distinguished from other values as a character, but it is invisible in desktop and does not take up space ) .

let
    Source =#table(
    type table [Tags = text],
        {
            {"name" },
            {"Name" & Character.FromNumber(8203)},
            {"NAme"& Character.FromNumber(8204)}
    })
in
    Source

(3)Then back to desktop , in the Data View , you can see the table.

Ailsamsft_1-1625211825992.png

I have attached my pbix file ,you can refer to it .

More info about Case Sensitivity can refer to this link :

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2019/10/06/power-bi-and-case-sensitivity/

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

Has your problem been solved ? If it has been solved, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

In desktop, DAX is case-insensitive, so if you type directly, all you get is 1 .But you can enter the data in Query Editor . I will introduce the steps of this operation , you can refer to it .

(1)Transform Data in desktop of Power BI , and add a new Blank Query .

Ailsamsft_0-1625211825992.png

(2)Enter the following formula (Character.FromNumber(8203) is distinguished from other values as a character, but it is invisible in desktop and does not take up space ) .

let
    Source =#table(
    type table [Tags = text],
        {
            {"name" },
            {"Name" & Character.FromNumber(8203)},
            {"NAme"& Character.FromNumber(8204)}
    })
in
    Source

(3)Then back to desktop , in the Data View , you can see the table.

Ailsamsft_1-1625211825992.png

I have attached my pbix file ,you can refer to it .

More info about Case Sensitivity can refer to this link :

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2019/10/06/power-bi-and-case-sensitivity/

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This solution works when the labels are entered manually, in my case the labels come from an excel file where the rows are around 600, I was trying to put this type of formula in a half or column but I have not left, Will there be any way to do it for this number of rows?

Singaravelu_R
Resolver III
Resolver III

In Query editor right click the column do you want to transform and select as your wish and do the refresh

Singaravelu_R_0-1624989616551.png

The problem is not that, but that the transformed data is shown differently in the reports, I have identified that if the 2 records are the same, it takes the format of the first, but although the 2 records are the same, I need the first and uppercase and the second in lowercase.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.