Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Desktop sign in takes me no where

I recently downloaded the new version of Power BI. I can still sign in on the old version, but when I click "sign in" on the new version, it prompts for my email address, but then does nothing after I click continue. Does anyone know what's going on with this? Is it perhaps a preview version, or does my organization need to enable something on the backend?

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewAndrew

I had the same issue, i had to uninstall the most recent version and reinstall an older version (April). Using the April version i had no issues with signing into my account and publishing via desktop.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-d...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AndrewAndrew , this is what I had to do as well, but it's good to know I wasn't the only person with this issue. 

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

that shouldn't affect your log i dont think, have you tried to log on directly to the power bi service?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vanessafvg - thank you for your reply. I am signed directly on to the Power BI service, but I can't log into desktop. I'm hoping to log in so that I can publish directly from desktop to the service, but I can only log into my older version of Power BI desktop. 

when you say old version, can i assume you mean april, not may?

have you tried to uninstall and reinstall / might sounds silly but even reboot?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vanessafvg - Sorry, yes, the April version. I did do a full reboot, and nada 😞 I did go back to the April version in order to publish - it looks like there might not be a workaround for this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.