Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ringovski
Helper II
Helper II

Desktop Loading Fact Performance

Hi,

PBI got upgraded today from May 2022 to May 2023 Desktop (Report Server) and now I cannot open my previously developed reports which have fact tables (SQL Server) with rows in the millions. 

The VM has16GB of ram and when I try to open a file it isn't going above 50%-60% but I get a error; Memory Allocation Error. I also tried creating a new report to load just the fact table in import mode with 57.6 Million rows and it kept failing at 18 Million I removed two columns (can't remove more and it isn't very wide) then after increasing the cache memory to 8192 (MB) it got to 47.8 Million before running out of memory. I also tried clearing the cache and increasing the maximum allowed.

I was expecting PBI newer versions to have better performance not worse. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @ringovski ,

if you didn't find a solution, you could reach out to microsoft support directly through this link https://support.powerbi.com

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @ringovski ,

if you didn't find a solution, you could reach out to microsoft support directly through this link https://support.powerbi.com

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote For my Idea💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.