Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Define value if multiple values are selected in Slicer

Hi everyone.

I've tried to search for the solution, but i've failed to find one.

I need to count penetration for each product in each district, which is defined by data_provider.

pos = point of sales,

pos_num_dp = total number of pos in district and data_provider,

pos_num = total number of pos in district

product_namedistrictdata_providerpos_w_salespos_num_dppos_num
mangocentralmain_distributor181330551
mangocentralsub_distributor69221551
avocadocentralmain_distributor299330551

Everything is fine when one value is selected in slicer "data provider". Problem appears, when I need to calculate it for both of them selected, because for avocado it still would be 330, but not 551.

So, what i need is - when both values are selected in slicer divide by pos_num, when single - pos_num_dp.

I tried with if(and(selectedvalue('table1'[data_provider]) = "main_distributor",selectedvalue('table1'[data_provider]) = "sub_distributor"),pos_num,pos_num_dp), it didn't work.

Help me please.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, the reason your formula with SELECTEDVALUE didn't work is that this works like HASONEVALUE internally (cf. the documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/selectedvalue-function: "An equivalent expression for SELECTEDVALUE(<columnName>, <alternateResult>) is IF(HASONEVALUE(<columnName>), VALUES(<columnName>), <alternateResult>)."). Therefore it returns FALSE if more than one value is selected, even if the value that you test for is one of the selected values.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try HASONEVALUE:

IF ( HASONEVALUE ( data_provider ), pos_num_dp, pos_num )

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.