Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

moonavav
Regular Visitor

Deactivating Filtering on Subrows

I have a table in power BI called Sales. It has 3 columns, sales#(PK), customer and revenue. Customer column is not unique, meaning each customer can have multiple sales records.

Now in the report mode, I have a slicer based on the revenue and a matrix. My matrix has two rows, customer and sales# respectively and the value of my matrix is revenue. I want this slicer only filters by customer and not by sales#. when I only have my customers and not the sales# in the matrix, this slicer is working fine and giving me what I want; however when I add sales#, the slicer is filtering based on the Sales#. Is there a way that I can deactivate the filtering for sub-rows?

I need to filter the revenue based on the customers and not the sales# but I need to keep Sales# in my matrix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @moonavav,

If you meant to calculate without specific filter effects from table fields, you can create a measure formula with all functions(e.g. allexcept) to ignore and respond with specific filter effect on your expression to replace raw value field.

Managing “all” functions in DAX: ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLNOBLANKROW, ALLEXCEPT - SQLBI

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @moonavav,

If you meant to calculate without specific filter effects from table fields, you can create a measure formula with all functions(e.g. allexcept) to ignore and respond with specific filter effect on your expression to replace raw value field.

Managing “all” functions in DAX: ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLNOBLANKROW, ALLEXCEPT - SQLBI

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.