Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

TiffanyCui
Helper I
Helper I

Days as buckets

Hi All, 

I have a request from a client and below is the description:

Description:

Provided last 30 days starting 17-Aug-2022 (0-5 days from 08/17 to 08/13) ‘Work in Process Product Completion’ transactions

Dashboard Requirements:

• Need to view completed quantities in each org by subinventory bucketed as below

0-5 days

6-10 days

11-20 days

21-30 days       

• Should be able to drill down to the data by clicking on specific bucket
  • Parameterize buckets so user can define their buckets (for example: 0-2 days, 0-6 days or whatever days)

I get stuck in the bucket, so 08/17/2022 should be day 0, I grouped the buckets as 0-5 days, 6-10 days, 11-20 days, and 21-30 days using a slicer when I publish to the desktop, it looks like this and the client told me this is not what he wants to see

TiffanyCui_0-1663541916904.png

He wants to see the bucket 

• Should be able to drill down to the data by clicking on a specific bucket
  • Parameterize buckets so user can define their buckets (for example 0-2 days, 0-6 days, or whatever days)

So I created another group put 08/17/2022 as day 0, 08/16/2022 as day 1, 08/15 as day 2, and continued and then 

add the previous group together using a slicer and then it looks like this

TiffanyCui_1-1663542216795.png

Please feel free to share your thoughts with me if this is what the client wants to see about the bucket and I really appreciate your time.

All the best,

Tiffany

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiffanyCui ,

I'm not sure, but this is my thoughts:

According to this description

vmengzhumsft_0-1663555858459.png

Perhaps what he wanted to achieve was to pick arbitrary time intervals to show the data within the interval he wanted? like this:

vmengzhumsft_1-1663556085893.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TiffanyCui
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Salina,

I really appreciate your response. I'm not sure if this is what he wants to see but I will definitely show him your way and hopefully, I'm lucky enough to see more power BI professionals sharing their thoughts and ideas.

Hi @TiffanyCui ,

Did my reply help you? Are your customers receptive to the idea?

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiffanyCui ,

I'm not sure, but this is my thoughts:

According to this description

vmengzhumsft_0-1663555858459.png

Perhaps what he wanted to achieve was to pick arbitrary time intervals to show the data within the interval he wanted? like this:

vmengzhumsft_1-1663556085893.png

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.