Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date format is different when exported data to CSV

Hi all,

In Power BI desktop I have made a table visual with some fields added to it. Some of those fields are date fields, which are also date fields as data type. I use the format short date, for example:

6-10-2022

When I use the option export data (to .csv) I can see that those date fields are exported as date/time fields. I see this result in Notepad++. What I would like is that those date fields are exported as dd-mm-yyyy fields, for example: 06-10-2022.

Is there any way to control the way Power BI exports data to a .csv?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sorry I misread your question.

As far as I'm aware you don't have this mucht control over CSV exports. But I'm wondering why you would exports to CSV. This is the normal behaviour for Power BI desktop but has a lot of limitations.

If you export from Power BI service you can export to xlsx with less limitations and you are able to achieve to export in dd-mm-yyyy.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @PVO3 , knowing that this is not possible is also helpful. Again, thanks! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is now exported like this:

Vinnie_0-1666274926767.png

And this is what I want:

Vinnie_1-1666274957881.png

Of course only the formatting of the date, not the color of color of the numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Power BI I have set the data type to date, then the date format to short date. Do I also need to adjust that in Power Query?

PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Sorry I misread your question.

As far as I'm aware you don't have this mucht control over CSV exports. But I'm wondering why you would exports to CSV. This is the normal behaviour for Power BI desktop but has a lot of limitations.

If you export from Power BI service you can export to xlsx with less limitations and you are able to achieve to export in dd-mm-yyyy.

PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Does PBI / PQ still recognize these fields as date fields? If so; you can just go to the model view and change this.

PVO3_1-1666274394242.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.