Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Reference Lines Based on Slicer

Hi, I've looked through the forums around the topic of reference lines but it seems everyone is only concerned with either a specific date (min, max) or today's date. However, I have a date slicer which I would like to create two reference lines on my line graph visual.

stekey_0-1629379925697.png

So far, I have tried working with the solutions in the forum but the max date is the only result I seem to get. I've tried to hard code a reference line on the graph but I get multiple lines for some reason.

stekey_1-1629380087436.png

Ideally, I would like to have two reference lines: FIRSTDATE() and LASTDATE() on my slicer. For example, in my slicer I have 2/8 - 2/19 therefore my reference lines should highlight data in that range. (Note: graph drawn in paint app, it's just a rough image of end goal)

stekey_2-1629380395034.png

If reference lines is not possible, is it possible to shade the area a different color?

I share my pbix file on OneDrive:  Date Reference Lines Based on Slicer 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I think you will be happy to see the new features in the August 2021 Power BI desktop.

Power BI August 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I think you will be happy to see the new features in the August 2021 Power BI desktop.

Power BI August 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is gold! Thank you for sharing!

yes, I was really happy to see that implemented. I have wanted that for a long time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.