Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sonuojha1
Helper IV
Helper IV

Date Issue

Dear All,

I have a sample data model with 3 tables, Date dimension, and two other transaction tables.

I am not able to see data from date dimension as below , if i select joined columns from both tables.

date_issue.png

I have attached the sample pbix file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1orRByhaVHd7kQxqHgwHfhBgC5RNCtl4g/view?usp=sharing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sonuojha1 . close time has a timestamp. I create a date from this and then joined on that. Please find the file after signature

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sonuojha1 ,

The purpose of creating this calculated column is to remove the timestamp.

v-lionel-msft_0-1605252722597.png

v-lionel-msft_1-1605252787835.png

You can also directly delete the timestamp of [CLOSE_TIME] in ‘Edit Query’.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sonuojha1 . close time has a timestamp. I create a date from this and then joined on that. Please find the file after signature

Why do we need new calculated column as
date(year([CLOSE_TIME]),month([CLOSE_TIME]),DAY([CLOSE_TIME])), however we have date column already in table?

What if we have multiple date columns, then it shouldn't be a good practice to recreate the date columns on top of existing date columns.

Best Regards,
Sonu

@amitchandak 

Thanks for reply,

Yes, it has timestamp in data, however I converted the data type from date time to Date. So as I understood, we have to remove timestamp from power query itself instead changing type in "Data" tab. Correct?

I appreciate your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.