Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcolby
Helper I
Helper I

Datasource doesnt support connection - (Connection/connector deleted a while ago)

Greetings all

I had a dataset with a connection to SmileBack in my model.

https://help.smileback.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025593012-Microsoft-Power-BI

It's been deleted (I thought) a while ago, as we no longer use the service.  The smileback table is long gone and i dont see smileback listed as source in the advanced query editor anywhere.

Looks like there is a remnant of it somewhere stopping the sync:

"You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because the following data sources currently don't support refresh:

• Data source for Smileback"

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcolby,

It seems like you are using a third-party custom connector, I'd like to suggest you confirm connector author to confirm this scenario.

In addition, you can also try to use web connector with correspond rest API to get data. (you can contact product support for corresponding rest API and guide)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply @v-shex-msft 

The custom connector and related table have been deleted already.  I do not want to use the custom connector but somehow there is a remnant that is now blocking the sync.

Hi @jcolby,

It may be related to API version, if API authorization mode or parameter changes and custom connector do not update these part of parameters and authorization, they also not work to get data.
For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you contact their product support to ask for REST API and related document, then you can use manually get data for that rest API to create your report.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

got it sorted

online file i was looking at was in wrong workspace!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.