Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kandarp
Helper I
Helper I

Dataset size remains same even in disabled "Query caching and Aggregation Training" State

I had a report that was set to run in direct query mode. During that time, I enabled the "Schedule Refresh and Performance Optimization" option along with Query Caching in the dataset to enhance the report's performance by speeding up data retrieval.

Additionally, I enabled Automatic Aggregations Training. As a result of these settings, data was cached in the dataset, and the report size increased to approximately 1500MB.

Recently, I switched my report from direct query to import mode. Consequently, I no longer require any query caching, so I disabled all the aforementioned options that were enabled during direct query mode to optimize performance.

However, even after a few days, the dataset size remains the same (1500MB) while my .pbix file is around 200MB. I anticipated that disabling the caching options would reduce the dataset size, but it still shows around 1500MB.

Please note that I can not delete existing file or dataset because new one will get published with new IDs which will create issues.

I'm wondering if this persistent size is due to the caching that occurred during the previous direct query mode. How can I reduce or eliminate this unnecessary caching and ultimately reduce the dataset's size? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Kandarp , Removed the published file and publish it again, or publish as a new file and check

Thanks @amitchandak for the quick response. 

By removing existing file and publishing it again will give me new report id and dataset id which I do not want. 

Is there any way that with the same IDs or Configuration I can achieve this. 

Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.