Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sermicro
Frequent Visitor

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [S1000] [Cache ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 417] - Conexión orígen

Hola comunidad, recurro a uds pues ya se me han agotado todas las alternativas y no encuentro solución.

Cuando quiero actualizar datos de un informe en donde uno de sus origenes de datos es vía ODBC me surge el error que copio más abajo. Lo llamativo es que accediendo desde un ordenador de un compañero, con excatamente los mismos drivers odbc, no tiene ningún inconveniente en actualizar los datos. Si me conecto desde excel al mismo origen de datos odbc no tengo inconvenientes. Antes me pasaba tanto en excel como en power bi pero luego de configurar mi ordenador exactamente igual a la de mi colega, ahora solo me sucede en Power BI.

Mi query es: = Odbc.Query(Centralita_ODBC, "SELECT * FROM dApplicationStat WHERE Application like '%NOMBRE%' AND ""Timestamp"" < DATEADD(DAY, -" & DiasDetalle & ", CAST(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AS date)) " )

ERROR:

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [S1000] [Cache ODBC][State : S1000][Native Code 417]
[C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin\Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45.exe]
Access Denied
ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][Administrador de controladores ODBC] El controlador no admite una versión de ODBC distinta de la que la necesita la aplicación (vea SQLSetEnvAttr).
Detalles:
DataSourceKind=Odbc
DataSourcePath=dsn=CENTRALITA
OdbcErrors=[Table]

Desde ya muchisimas gracias de antemano.

5 REPLIES 5
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sermicro ,

According to your description, there may be three reasons, one is the user name and password; the other is the version reason; you can try the following ways:

1.What's the version of ODBC did you create, 32 bit or 64 bit?  if your app is configured for 32-bit (Platform option of x86) and is running under 64-bit Windows, you will need to use the 32-bit Data Sources applet under Administrative Tools in Control Panel to create the DSN. Also, the Oracle Client software must match the platform the app is running under (32 or 64-bit)

2.Please verify the User credentials as it would be the case sensitive issue. I suggest to use upper case while you connect to ODBC.

In addition, you could refer this link.

3.Your ODBC driver for my database need to update to the lastest.

Similar error refer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/ODBC-behavior-error/td-p/93448 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Lucien

Thank´s for ypur help. I verify everything you mention. I have same drivers. I use same credentials. And the error that you mention is similar but it doesn´t solve my problem. 

Maybe it´s helps, but when I check drivers connections there are all ok. Thank´s.

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Sermicro 

It can be an issue out of Power BI, also this should be posted in Power BI Service forum

https://community.intersystems.com/post/cache-odbc-access-denied

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

I read the information of the link. But it doesn´t help. I will write to intersystem. Thank´s.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.