Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data refresh is very slow in Desktop version

Hi Team,

I am experiencing slowness in power bi desktop data refresh post installation of update from feb release. My data exists in Sharepoint online list. and these are the row count in each list

List 1--2271 rows

List 2 - 16

List 3--567

List 4--148

List 5--186

List 6--12

List 7--142 (Merged Query)

List 8--9

List 7--54

List 8-- 11 (Merged Query)

List 9--8

List 10--142

Previously the data refresh use to happen with in 10-15 min. Now it is taking more then 30 min. when i cancelled the refresh and initiated it again it ran for 10 min and failed with the below error.

Query "ABC" (step 4: Added conditional column) references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild the data combination

this was not the case earlier. eventhough we have created data tables with  merged query the data refresh use to happen smooth. Also, post data refresh, when i click on edit queries, and click on any of the table , it agin start refreshing and it cost me again 15 min of time (depending on the size)

Dose anyone faced the same issue? if so, please share any possible workarounds  to avoid this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

I haven't encountered this issue and can't reproduce it. Can you enable tracing file to see more detail info about the thrown error?

If you still can't get any clarified error message from trace file, please create a support ticket.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am new to Power BI, Can you please let me know where can i find the trace files for the same?

@Anonymous

You can enable tracing under Option.

66.PNG

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. i cleared the cache and it made the refresh faster. I am not exactly sure what is the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.