Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

donlanky1

Data not showing in report

hi all,

im running a report with multiple dates and cant seem to get the accurate data show up in the report after building relationships.

for example in the report below in fig1, you can see Planned revenue shows up as 61k but that isnt the case. in Fig2 you see it sums period 10 and 11 together. can any one helpme with this as it makes no sense? Fig3 is the relationships i have:

Fig1

donlanky1_3-1637930880750.png

donlanky1_0-1637930714045.png Fig2

donlanky1_1-1637930744913.png

Fig 3

5 REPLIES 5
edhans
Super User
Super User

hard to say with no data, but my first questions would be:

1. Are all date fields in your tables true dates with no times? 12:00:00 is fine, but if there are other times, or any of them are text fields that haven't been set to date, that will be an issue.
  2. Are there multiple years in the data? If so, dragging period will group them unless you also put year in the axis. So 10 might be period 10 of 2019, 2020, 2021.

How to get good help fast. Help us help you.

How To Ask A Technical Question If you Really Want An Answer

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Give us a good and concise explanation
How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Provide data in a table format per the link, or share an Excel/CSV file via OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.. Provide expected output using a screenshot of Excel or other image. Do not provide a screenshot of the source data. I cannot paste an image into Power BI tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Hi @edhans,

thanks for your response. please see link to data below 

Data@Donlanky1

donlanky1

Thanks @amitchandak for picking this up. please see link to the sample data below 

The data was in one table but i split it into 2 tables as i thought that was the issue.

donlanky1_1-1637954486049.png

Data@Donlanky1

donlanky1_2-1637954775075.pngdonlanky1_3-1637954807733.png

Data Type filtered for just customer from planned and actual table

Year filtered for just 2021

period filtered for 10 - 12

relationship i used was:

- Planned completion date to the date table

- Atual Completion date to the date table

- Budget date to the date table

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@donlanky1 ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

I doubt either joined with date table is wrong or calculation of measure is wrong

donlanky1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.