Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

olimilo
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Data in columns after related column showing blanks in table visual

We found this strange behavior from the table visual where any column that comes after a related field column is showing blanks if the related field column does not have any data.

In the table below, item 030811 (the 2nd item in the table) has data as seen below but when I add the field from the related field Request Status from a related table, the data from the rest of the columns after the related field disappear.

Before adding related field:

olimilo_1-1706505280463.png

After adding related field:

olimilo_2-1706505408305.png

I can confirm that 030811 does not have any data from the related (M) table. I've also enabled the Show items with no data option in the table visual. We could do a LOOKUPVALUE here but we have a 1:M relationship between the two tables.

It's obvious what is causing this (adding the related field) but:

- is this normal behavior? and

- is there a solution to this (without changing the query) as we need to pull data from the related table to this visual?

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @olimilo ,

How is the information being picked up for the table? Are you using the tables columnns or are you using measures? Also the questions is what is the column ID coming from, is it from the 1 side or the many side from the relationship table?

When using related tables you should always add the main fields from the one side relationship.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

olimilo
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

> How is the information being picked up for the table?

Not sure what you mean by this, could you elaborate?

The columns shown on the table visual are all native table columns (ie: not calculated columns or measures). The ID field you see in the table visual is the PK from the left (1) side of the relationship that we use to relate with the M side of the relationship.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.