Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data difference between Web and Desktop

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a difference in numbers in my report in power bi web. The issue is very specific, because we have on the graphics shown below the numbers in bars (which are correct both on web and desktop) and in lines "Média de Tempo CEF" (average time in days), which is the one that's presenting this weird variation.

giullianoc_1-1631815301163.pnggiullianoc_2-1631815313605.png

The first one is the desktop one, the other is on the web.

The way i'm calculating this average time is by analysing the initial and current/final time of each step of the process with DATESBETWEEN( ), like such:

giullianoc_4-1631815822304.png

The report on power bi web has an daily automatic update set up. At first i thought that it was a problem with the update or some duplicated queries (as i've seen in another support post), but 2021 data is correct, so the problem seems to be only with 2020 data.

giullianoc_5-1631816200855.png

For reference, we have these two tables "Fluig 2021" which contains all data of 2021 of course, and "Fluig Completo", that combines the queries of 2020 and 2021.

I know it's hard to picture the issue in full, i cannot share the files due to company info security, but i hope you guys can help me fix this issue that is causing me (and other coworkers) a big headache.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Remember that the Power BI service is based on UTC.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Remember that the Power BI service is based on UTC.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.