Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sevens
Regular Visitor

Data Source Connection (Epicor's Acclaim)

I'm trying to move our company over to Power BI, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to connect to one of Epicor's legacy system, Acclaim. It's a DOS based system, and from what I know it uses Progress coding (at least that's what my IT department has said.) Has anyone else tried to connect to another database that uses progress coding? I need some help on deciding what data source to choose to connect to the database. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@sevens,

You may try using ODBC.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-using-generic-interfaces#data-sources-acce...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So sorry for the late response. My IT guy and I have been trying to establish an ODBC using a pretty old driver (the only one available from our antiquated system.) We've tested the System DSN and the connection always comes back successful, but when I try to connect in Power BI I get the following error:error.PNG

Our system is very old, which means the version of our driver OpenLink is very old as well. I doubt it can support the version required by Power BI. Is there any work around to connect to the database? I don't need anything that supports a live connection or direct query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.