Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Column for February not showing in PowerBI pivot table view.

I made a pivot table in PowerBI to show the transactions by month for a prepaid schedule of transactions. This was to track financial transactions for the IT department. What I noticed was that some of the February transactions were not showing. I then noticed it was only the ones that had an invoice date past Feb 28th. 

Here is the process flow. 

1. Enter a new invoice, if the invoice is a contract for 12, 24 or 36 months, then divide the invoice total by the contract in months and enter in that amount of payment transactions into a prepaid transactions table. Example. Adobe invoice for 12 months. Invoice total / 12 and make 12 separate transactions in a prepaid table to show the amount of amortized each month for that invoice. But any invoice that has a date past the 28th of the month is not showing that month in the PowerBI visual. Its in the database (see below) just not in the visual. And it seems its just adding it to the last month. (see below) 

the visual with the missing Feb amounts that seem to have just been added to the last month of that contract (March)

rlavigne99_0-1634909824456.png

Actual table with the data (dataverse). (this seems to be working fine) this is the amount that should be shown in the PowerBI visual. 

rlavigne99_1-1634909903151.png

I am not sure how it's not handling the Feb transaction because it seems to me that the date should not matter as long as it's the right month. Why would powerbi be not show the data based on the day and not the month which is what the filter is for that column? 

Here are the filters. 

rlavigne99_2-1634910138442.png

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I am not sure how to provide that information without giving you the sensitive date?

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please provide some sample data(exclude sensitive data) that involved in the matrix and the Fields pane setting of your matrix visual in order to make troubleshooting? It is better if you can provide a simplified pbix file. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.