Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DAX formula help

Hi all,

I have a requirement to find out the number of cases requiring inspection based on the number of cases submitted by each account.

eg.

Lets say i have got 90 cases from an account, I need to count 1 for every 25 cases, so in this case, I should get a value of 3.

and I also need to use this count in a master inspection criteria which has other conditions (a group of or conditions) where the system checks many criteria & all criteria fail then the system checks if it is the 25th case & previous 24 were also no inspected it will call for an inspection.

I use the following formula for defining my other criteria.

Master Inspection Criteria = IF('Case'[Substation80Capacity__c]=True||'Case'[Switchboard_approval_required__c]=True||'Case'[TotalSiteEGBCapacity__c]>30||'Case'[IsBatteryStorageInstalled__c]=true||'Case'[RelatedContestableProjectNum__c]<>blank()||'Case'[NonDomesticEquipmentRequired__c]="yes"||'Case'[Export limit criticality]="Rural 3 to 10"||'Case'[Export limit criticality]="Rural 10 to 20"||'Case'[Export limit criticality]="Rural 20 to 30","Inspection required","No Inspection required")

I want to add a criteria to check if its a 25th case without inspection
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ramhariessentia ,

For me, it is difficult to give a perfect solution based on your formula by imagination alone. I have tried my best to give an answer close to your needs, but in your actual production environment, you need to adjust it to your actual situation, and I hope the solution given this time will be useful to you.

I just adjust the DAX formula according to your demands, add a new column by below formula

Column 2 =
VAR cur_indexbyapp = 'Case'[index_by_app]
VAR cur_app = 'Case'[Applicant]
VAR tmp =
    FILTER ( 'Case', 'Case'[Applicant] = cur_app && 'Case'[Inspection] = "no" )
VAR ctn =
    COUNTROWS ( tmp )
RETURN
    SWITCH ( TRUE (), ctn = 2, "yes", BLANK () )

vbinbinyumsft_0-1661323842436.png

Please refer attached .pbix file.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ramhariessentia ,

Please try below steps:

1. I create a table to test

Case:

vbinbinyumsft_0-1660722023672.png

2. add a index column in Power Query, then add a other column that  group by the "Applicant" to create a index

index_by_app =
VAR tmp =
    FILTER ( 'Case', 'Case'[Applicant] = cur_app )
RETURN
    RANKX ( tmp, [Index],, ASC )

vbinbinyumsft_1-1660722184817.png

3. my calculate logic is that if the  index_by_app=2 and the inspection="yes", then the index_by_app=3 should  be "yes".

add acolumn:

Column =
VAR inspect =
    CALCULATE (
        MAX ( 'Case'[Inspection] ),
        FILTER ( 'Case', 'Case'[index_by_app] = 2 && 'Case'[Applicant] = cur_app )
    )
RETURN
    SWITCH (
        TRUE (),
        cur_indexbyapp <> 3, 'Case'[Inspection],
        inspect = "yes", "yes"
    )

vbinbinyumsft_2-1660722480054.png

Please refer my attached .pbix file.

Best regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks heaps, the solution  needs little bit tweaking i guess,  my other formula is this

Master Inspection Criteria = IF('Case'[Substation80Capacity__c]=True||'Case'[Switchboard_approval_required__c]=True||'Case'[TotalSiteEGBCapacity__c]>30||'Case'[IsBatteryStorageInstalled__c]=true||'Case'[RelatedContestableProjectNum__c]<>blank()||'Case'[NonDomesticEquipmentRequired__c]="yes"||'Case'[Export limit criticality]="Rural 3 to 10"||'Case'[Export limit criticality]="Rural 10 to 20"||'Case'[Export limit criticality]="Rural 20 to 30","Inspection required","No Inspection required").

Based on your code i created following code.
Count+Master Critieria =
var cur_indexbyaccount='Case'[Index_by_Account]
var cur_account='Case'[AccountId]
var inspect=CALCULATE(MAX('Case'[Master Inspection Criteria]),FILTER('Case','Case'[Index_by_Account]=2 &&'Case'[AccountId]=cur_account))
RETURN
switch(true(),
cur_indexbyaccount<>25,'Case'[Master Inspection Criteria],
inspect="Inspection required","Inspection required").

can you please twaek this code, because  still using the latest formula solution is not giving required result,
for an account 24 cases were not requireing inspection then 25 th should be inspected

Hi @ramhariessentia ,

For me, it is difficult to give a perfect solution based on your formula by imagination alone. I have tried my best to give an answer close to your needs, but in your actual production environment, you need to adjust it to your actual situation, and I hope the solution given this time will be useful to you.

I just adjust the DAX formula according to your demands, add a new column by below formula

Column 2 =
VAR tmp =
    FILTER ( 'Case', 'Case'[Applicant] = cur_app && 'Case'[Inspection] = "no" )
VAR ctn =
    COUNTROWS ( tmp )
RETURN
    SWITCH ( TRUE (), ctn = 2, "yes", BLANK () )

vbinbinyumsft_0-1661323842436.png

Please refer attached .pbix file.

Best regards,

ramhariessentia_0-1660531221559.png

This is the count of cases per applicant, i need a rule which ensures that a case is requiring inspection if it is the 25th case after a previous case that had an inspection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.