Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

noerhave
Regular Visitor

DAX ISINSCOPE statement

Hi Team

I am going to use the new DAX function ISINSCOPE, but is not available when connection type is LIVE (SSAS tabular)

When will this be available ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Maggie

I have found a workaround by using ISFILTERED which seems to work.

The issue was to hide blank members in ragged heirachy.

This peace of DAX seem to work:

Amount period budg:= SWITCH(TRUE(); AND(ISFILTERED(Kontoheiraki[Level3]);ISBLANK(VALUES(Kontoheiraki[Level3]))); BLANK(); BudgetTransaction[Amount period Budg_])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @noerhave 

Check if you download the lastest version :March 2019 Update (2.65.5313.501) (File->Help->About),

As searched, i can't find any document saying when the new function would be possible in SQL Server Analysis Services.

You may try other function which has similar function as " ISINSCOPE", like "HASONEVALUE",ect.

If possible, you could share your problem here so i can find some workaround for you.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Maggie

I have found a workaround by using ISFILTERED which seems to work.

The issue was to hide blank members in ragged heirachy.

This peace of DAX seem to work:

Amount period budg:= SWITCH(TRUE(); AND(ISFILTERED(Kontoheiraki[Level3]);ISBLANK(VALUES(Kontoheiraki[Level3]))); BLANK(); BudgetTransaction[Amount period Budg_])

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.