Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

guibenassi
Advocate II
Advocate II

DATEADD ERROR

I create some measures with dateadd and I suspect that are some errors on that.

Then I create a calculated columm to see the DATEADD working and prove the problem.

I read some comments about using a date table, but I don´t want to use a date table for some reasons.

Above the table, with the calculated columm and it is possible to see some blank lines.

Capturar.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @guibenassi ,

Without an extra date table, please try below formula:

Vcto Ajustado=DATEADD('Receber E1'[E1_BAIXA2].[DATE];-15;DAY)

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @guibenassi ,

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft wrote:

Hi @guibenassi ,

Yes, that will work but note that you must have AutoDate features enabled for this to work. Something I didn't think about because I always have it disabled. Smiley Happy

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
edhans
Super User
Super User

You have to create a Date table. The reason they are returning blanks is the dates that are being calculated don't exist in the column you are using as your source. See this thread for a more comprehensive explanation.

DATEADD() isn't like an Excel function. It relies on a true Date table to work for both calculated columns and measures.

You could do this in Power Query though if you are insistent in not createing a date table. See the Date.AddDays() function there. However, that would create a column and still wouldn't solve your original problem of wanting this in a measure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.