Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dosania
Helper II
Helper II

Custom Tooltip changing size and reducing text size as it moves around a table

Hi,

I have a custom Tooltip on my dashboard that I am using on a table.  It is sized 900 X 900, with a text size of 9 in Sans font. 

For some records, there is a lot of comment information it needs to show, which is why it is quite a large window.

When hovering over the middle, or bottom of the table/report page, the Tooltip window is the correct size, and easy to read.

However, when I move further up the table, the Tooltip starts to become smaller in size the further I move the cursor up, also shrinking the font size to around 6 points, making it harder to read the text.

Has anyone come across this issue before, and able to keep the same size Tooltip window across the page, or could this be an issue with PowerBI?

Any help to fix this issue would be much appreciated. It would allow people in my organisation have a more consistent and better user experience.

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
peterg0417
Helper II
Helper II

Just wanted to bump this and add that I was having the same issue with a custom tooltip page. I had the Height Pixel set to 800 to fit all of my data. When I lowered it to 500, it stopped shrinking as I moved the cursor up and down on a column or bar chart.

WallyWallWal
Helper I
Helper I

I am having the same issue that @dosania is having.  As I move the cursor towards the top of the page, the tooltip gets smaller and less visible to read.As the cursor moves towards the top makes the tooltip smaller and less visibleAs the cursor moves towards the top makes the tooltip smaller and less visible

But, as I move the cursor towards the bottom of the page, the tooltip becomes larger, making the tooltip more visible to read.

As the cursor moves towards the bottom it makes the tooltip larger, and more visible.As the cursor moves towards the bottom it makes the tooltip larger, and more visible.

How can we get the tooltip to stay the same size no matter the metric the cursor hovers over??

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @dosania ,

Whether your problem has been resolved? If yes, could you please mark the helpful post as Answered? It will help the others in the community find the solution easily if they face the same problem as yours. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dosania , seem like an adjustment to keep the tooltip inside the page. Can you share some screenshot?

If needed log an issue too https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

thanks @amitchandak.

Below is a screenshot of where the tooltip has shruck;

dosania_3-1657109800335.png

This next screenshot is of where the tooltip has retained the correct size;

dosania_4-1657109811920.png

I think you're correct about PowerBI making an adjustment to keep the tooltip inside the page.

Hi @dosania ,

Could you please check if you did the below steps for the tooltip page?

1. Change the Page View to actual size

yingyinr_0-1657187255416.png

2. Turn the Tooltip slider to On, and set the Canvas type as Tooltip

yingyinr_2-1657187344205.png

You can follow the content in the official documentation below to create tooltip page...

Create tooltips based on report pages

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks @v-yiruan-msft I can confirm that I have used the steps to set up the Tooltip page, and have checked this again, but still have the same issue.

Hi @dosania ,

I can't reproduce your problem. The version of my Power BI Desktop is 2.106.883.0 64-bit (June 2022). As you can see, the size of tooltip and the text display not changed in below gif... What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? And if it's convenient, could you please simplify your pbix file and remove the sensitive information, then share the updated pbix file with me when you're done? I'll make troubleshooting later to see what went wrong... Thank you.

tooltip page display problem.gif

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.