Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

c0rp

Current month value calculated for the current year and last years

Hello there,

im trying to calculate the Value of a KPI for the current Month (Sep. 2022) and dynamicly for the same months of the previous years. this behavoir should be in the Year hierachy only, else it should just represent the value of the month. (so on the month Hierachy the Values stay like the Image)

c0rp_0-1662995290712.png

Result should look like this:

Measure Last Month20212022
EBIT1621
Margin1345
Staffloss7579

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pm-aVU1yzisKmxRfC9BF1nVGARjbgdXI/view?usp=sharing 

So Far i didnt manage to get the Results with sameperiodlast year... 
Thank you for the Help!

2 REPLIES 2
c0rp

i tried your solution, its not working for me. could you please implement it in the sample file?

var lastdate_ = CALCULATE (
    MAX ( 'Fact'[Date] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL(Fact'),
        [KPI] = MAX( 'Fact'[KPI])
            && NOT('Fact'[KPI]=0)
    )
)

this Measure returns the last Valuedate, i need this date for the previous Year.
but Sameperiodlastyear or Previuosyear are not wokring for me.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@c0rp ,with SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR using a date table marked as date table you can get last year data. But you can not get last year date and column, you will only get that under this year's column under a new measure, like the second table (but a new measure)

Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]))

for that display, you should consider the calculation group

Calculation Groups- Measure Slicer, Measure Header Grouping, Measure to dimension conversion. Complex Table display : https://youtu.be/qMNv67P8Go0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.