Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mdgene
Helper I
Helper I

Cumulative Total to specific date

Please I have a measure that shows the cumulative measure upto specific date. But My measure still show values past the date expected. I have added a screen shot of the result below. 

If I use date in place of Month it works, but I will like to see it at month level. (screen shot attached). Please what is your advice

This is my dax measure

Cummulative Sold max  =
VAR LastSaleDate = CALCULATE(LASTDATE('Forecast Revenue'[Closed Date]),'Forecast Revenue'[Forecast Category] = "sold")
RETURN
IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Date Table'[Date]) >[LastSaleDate] ,
BLANK(),
CALCULATE( 'Key Measures'[Sold],
FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Date Table'),
'Date Table'[Date] <= MAX('Date Table'[Date]) ) ))

mdgene_2-1644239670103.png

mdgene_1-1644239582211.png

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mdgene ,

Has the problem been solved? If the problem persists, please delete the sensitive data and provide a sample pbix so that i can do more tests.https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-... 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am still on it. I will modify and send over. Thank you

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mdgene , Try like

Cummulative Sold max =
VAR LastSaleDate = CALCULATE(LASTDATE('Forecast Revenue'[Closed Date]),filter(allselected('Forecast Revenue'),'Forecast Revenue'[Forecast Category] = "sold"))
RETURN
'Date Table'[Date] <= MAX('Date Table'[Date]) && SELECTEDVALUE('Date Table'[Date]) >[LastSaleDate] ))

I doubt you are using month from date table in first visual

or

Cummulative Sold max =
VAR LastSaleDate = CALCULATE(LASTDATE('Forecast Revenue'[Closed Date]),filter(allselected('Forecast Revenue'),'Forecast Revenue'[Forecast Category] = "sold"))
RETURN
'Date Table'[Date] <= MAX('Date Table'[Date]) && SELECTEDVALUE('Date Table'[Date]) < [LastSaleDate] ))

Hi , I tested the two query, query 1, was returning blank. while query 2 was behaving just like my query. also I am using the date column. Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.