Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Huskyjimbo
Frequent Visitor

Crossfilter using a bridge table

Hello,

I have a bridge table that shows for each Year&Month combo how many works days there are for each state we have offices.  The reason for this table is if there is snow in Colorado they may lose a workday but Florida would obviously be unaffected.

I'm having trouble trying to

1.) properly link this table because of many to many 

2.) write a measure that will show the work days for a month that is filterable by State or individual employee.

In the picture below it should say 22 or 21 not 2351

visuals.PNGlinkages.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Huskyjimbo 

Please check my pbix below.

In my example, employee "a" has time off 15 hours in 2019/3,

he belongs to state 111 where has snow 2 weather day and it is in workday(Monday to Friday),

Basically, for 2019/3, there is 21 workdays (exclude the Saturday and Sunday), assume each day's working hours is 8 hours, 

then employee "a" should working 168(21*8) hours in 2019/3,

with the snow weather affeacted, his real working hours is 137 hours(168-2*8-15).

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Huskyjimbo 

Please check my pbix below.

In my example, employee "a" has time off 15 hours in 2019/3,

he belongs to state 111 where has snow 2 weather day and it is in workday(Monday to Friday),

Basically, for 2019/3, there is 21 workdays (exclude the Saturday and Sunday), assume each day's working hours is 8 hours, 

then employee "a" should working 168(21*8) hours in 2019/3,

with the snow weather affeacted, his real working hours is 137 hours(168-2*8-15).

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

You can get the workday count from the date table?

I am not sure about the need for month day count. Is that max type of leave per month.

I can't get the work day count from the date table because a certain day may be a workday in  one state but not the other due to weather or a state holiday.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.