Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bh2101
Regular Visitor

Cross-Report Drill Through not working

Hi there,

I have followed a few different tutorials and documentation regarding cross-report drill through with no success.

I have two reports 

Source report - has a table of assets (by name).

Target report - has a table of assets (by name) with extra detail. 

The name column is identical "name" with the table the same as well.

Both reports are published in a workspace (that isn't "My Workspace").

Both have the cross report drill-through setting turned on (from PBI desktop and confirmed in PBI service).

The target report has the "name" column in the drill-through, and the source report I have tried all combinations of having the "Cross report" switch on and the name column in the drill-through. Based on tutoirals, I believe this is not needed - and have tried it with out these turned on or included.

When I right-click on a row in the table in the Source report, the drill through option does not come up.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bh2101
Regular Visitor

I had it set up correctly, and PBI service just took hours to connect the dots. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bh2101
Regular Visitor

I had it set up correctly, and PBI service just took hours to connect the dots. 🙂

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bh2101 ,

Please validate the data models of the source and target reports. Although the schema does not have to be the same in each report, the fields to be passed must exist in both data models. The names of the fields and the names of the tables they belong to must be the same. The strings must match and be case-sensitive.
Also make sure you are not using Power BI Report Server, cross-report drill-downs do not work with Power BI reports in Power BI Report Server.
Please check again if this is the reason?

vjunyantmsft_0-1704677864786.png

If none of the above is the reason, can you provide a sample file? I can try to reproduce it for you.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.