Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PhilWalker
Frequent Visitor

Cross Report Drill Through On A Single Cell

Is it possible to setup cross report drill through to work on a single cell in a table or matrix?

As an example, I have a table here which is made up of a date category and a number of columns which have been summed (each record will have 1 or 0 in each column to indicate if a threshold has been reached):

PhilWalker_0-1654852799859.png

I would like to be able to click on number in the table to see further details. So as an example, if we look at "2022 04" and ">= 6/4", there are 3 records. I would like to drill through to another report to see details of only those three records.

I have cross report drill through setup, but when I drill through, it only seems to apply the Date filter in the target report.

I have the same tables etc. in each report, having followed the documentation, so wondering if I've missed something in my setup or if this is expected functionality.

3 REPLIES 3
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PhilWalker ,

If the columns in your table visual are measure, the answer is no. The drill through icon can only get the current context of the fields of that row, and pass it to the target page.

If the columns are fields from table. Then drill through will pass all the filters of that cell to the target page. 

The same problem has been solved in this thread you can refer.

Solved: Drill Through based on a single cell - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think the problem that I have is that each of the columns in the matrix is an individual column from the model, rather than a singe column with multiple values.

If I set the drill through field in the target report to 'allow when used as a category' the drill through option doesn't appear in the source report. If I set it to 'allow when summarised' the drill through option appears in the source, but shows all records for the month (the row in the source table), rather than the summarised combination of month and column.

To resolve this I have created a new category column for use in the matrix, so I now have month, a category and a value, rather than a month and multiple summed columns.

This works, but would be useful to know if this is the correct approach and if the behaviour seen when I have multiple columns is expected.

@PhilWalker Can you explain in more detail what you mean when you say you created a new category column for use in the matrix?

I have a matrix with three table columns set as rows, and nine table columns set as values.

I have nothing set as a column in the matrix visual.

Thanks

Chris 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.