Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating two slicers

Hi everyone, 

I have a problem hoping to get some advice from you all. I have a project collecting data from two states and I am hoping to create two slicers to display their data. The first slicer will be filtering states, and the second slicers will be filtering counties within the selected state. 

My imagination is when someone select a state from the first slicer, they can then select which county(counties) of data they are interested in looking at. 

I have a table for two states' state name and one table listing all the counties in both states (in one column) 

Should I made one column for each state and list the counties within one state (two columns in total instead)? How can I connect these two filters to do what I hope to see? 

Really appreciate your help!! 

Thank you,

Emily

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Don't connect anything.  Have two disconnected tables, each feeding its own slicer.  Note that slicers support field hierarchies.  So your tables can contain two columns, state and county. Then use measures to react to the slicer selections.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Don't connect anything.  Have two disconnected tables, each feeding its own slicer.  Note that slicers support field hierarchies.  So your tables can contain two columns, state and county. Then use measures to react to the slicer selections.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, @lbendlin. Could you explain more what "use measures to react to the slicer selections." means? What are the measures and slicers selections? 

Thank you very much for your help! 

Best regards,

Emily

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.