Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a visual

Hello everyone,

I am new to powered, I am working on a sample example.

Can anyone tell me what kind of visual I can use for making the tile shown in the figure below.

flight route stats.PNG

Thankyou,

Jyothi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You just need to be careful about  format of your formula , I have marked your mistake by red box as below:
1.png

by the way, if you want to present the cells without the numbers present , you Use font color scale for the column the same way you did the background color scale,

once you do that, font color and background color will be same and you will not see the number but only heat color (background color)

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @lin

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

You can use Conditional formatting in tables like me as below
Step 1:
If the "Percent of Number of" is based on one column that type is Number ,you need to add two columns:

Percent of Number of =
IF (
    Table4[Rate] > 0
        && Table4[Rate] <= 0.2,
    "0%-20%",
    IF (
        Table4[Rate] > 0.2
            && Table4[Rate] <= 0.4,
        "20%-40%",
        IF (
            Table4[Rate] > 0.4
                && Table4[Rate] <= 0.6,
            "40%-60%",
            IF (
                Table4[Rate] > 0.6
                    && Table4[Rate] <= 0.8,
                "60%-80%",
                IF ( Table4[Rate] > 0.8 && Table4[Rate] <= 1, "80%-100%" )
            )
        )
    )
)

Type =
IF (
    Table4[Rate] > 0
        && Table4[Rate] <= 0.2,
    IF (
        Table4[Rate] > 0.2
            && Table4[Rate] <= 0.4,
        IF (
            Table4[Rate] > 0.4
                && Table4[Rate] <= 0.6,
            IF (
                Table4[Rate] > 0.6
                    && Table4[Rate] <= 0.8,
                IF ( Table4[Rate] > 0.8 && Table4[Rate] <= 1, 5 )
            )
        )
    )
)

Step 2:
then add fields "Orgin Airport " ,"Destination" and "Percent of Number of" into visual matrix  
Step 3:
Set Conditional formatting like this :
Note: notice the Settings in my red box
14.png
Result:
15.PNG
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft,

You have been very helpful, can you please clarify my last doubt.

I had Number of Flight column

I created a percentage column for number of flights,

Then using If condition as you told i created Percentage of number of and Type columns (table 4= Airport analysis, rate= Percentage)

But i am not getting an aggregate values when i am adding "Percentage of number of columns"

Can you tell me where I am going wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothi.2018-08-08.png

Hi@jyothisai

when you add "Percentage of number of columns" into values of matrix ,the filed data type is Text ,So it only can be aggregated by CountDistinct countFirst, or Last.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-aggregates

Best Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lili6-msftThere is some kind of problem that occured while creating a the columns, they are not values properly.

Where did I go wrong?2018-08-09.png2018-08-09 (1).png

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothi.

Hi@jyothisai

According to your two pictures,I find that the values of "Percent" and "Percent of Number of" may have no problem, but the colour of the background is wrong, it could be your wrong setting of Conditional formatting, so please check the setting by my picture above and be careful of  Settings in my red box . 

If it is not your case, please share PBIX. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft 

I have mailed you required data, can you please refer and let me know what changes I can make.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft,

I tried creating a new column but it was giving me following errors. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL WHAT CAN i DO TO RESOLVE THESE ERRORS. And where did i go wrong.

2018-08-07 (1).png2018-08-07.png

You just need to be careful about  format of your formula , I have marked your mistake by red box as below:
1.png

by the way, if you want to present the cells without the numbers present , you Use font color scale for the column the same way you did the background color scale,

once you do that, font color and background color will be same and you will not see the number but only heat color (background color)

Best Regards,

Lin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.