Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Joseph_Hchaime
Helper III
Helper III

Creating a Meaure to calculate the age of a bill in days based on Today's date and Bill Issue Date

Hi,

I am trying to create a measure in a separate "measures"table that would calculate the age of an invoice in days based on today's date and the bill issue date. 

My issue is, the data is hosted in an sql server on the cloud so I can't change the schema. i.e. I can't add columns. So i'm trying to create a measure within power bi to calculate it. However, there is no relationship between the Bills table and the "Basic Measures" table that I created within PowerBI to store ALL the calculations I need. The data is refreshed automatically via gateway when I publish so I am only using powerbi desktop to develop the dashboards. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Joseph_Hchaime 

If you connect to your Bills Table from Desktop, you can create the following measure to calculate the age of your invoices and store it in your local model; the composite model supports the same. This measure doesn't require a relationship between the Measure Table and the Bills Table.  

Age Measure:

Invoice Age = 
IF(
    HASONEVALUE( BillsTable[Invoice] ),
    INT( TODAY() - MAX( BillsTable[Bill Issue Date]) )
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Joseph_Hchaime 

If you connect to your Bills Table from Desktop, you can create the following measure to calculate the age of your invoices and store it in your local model; the composite model supports the same. This measure doesn't require a relationship between the Measure Table and the Bills Table.  

Age Measure:

Invoice Age = 
IF(
    HASONEVALUE( BillsTable[Invoice] ),
    INT( TODAY() - MAX( BillsTable[Bill Issue Date]) )
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.