Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zzakir
Helper II
Helper II

Create a sign off feature for end-users.

Hello,

I have created reports on PowerBI which will be deployed to various users with RLS built in to limit access to the cost centers/departments that they can view. Report has 7 pages. I want to build a feature on the report that will enable the cost center owners to sign off on the report and that should trigger to write information on a file saved on Teams/SharePoint Site.

Here are few information I need:

• User Name
  • Date/Time Stamp on when they signed off on the report
  • Certain filters that were applied on their report when they signed off (This is to make sure they are signing off the correct period).

I am not sure if its better to use Power Automate, Power Apps or if there is another way to integrate a feature like this on PowerBI. Any ideas are welcomed.

6 REPLIES 6
pcarloss

Hi zzakir, wondering if you were able to accomplish the sign off with the time stamp and if so, can you please share your steps?

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zzakir ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien
HashamNiaz
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @zzakir !

You can use Power Apps to get around this feature. You can integrate Power Apps visual in your Power BI report.

Using Power Apps you can read / write information from Share Point List or Share Point site providing you ability to write objects in Share Point folder.

Regards,

Hasham

My only concern is if the RLS in PowerBI will still work in PowerApp. For example, would user only see the departments that they have access to in the PowerApp visual or will they see all cost centers?

You need to ensure this through Data Model, so only associated cost center will bee shown. Also you can implement security in Share Point site.

Regards,

Hasham

Thank you. I will try this and update the post with the approach I take. I am also thinking about about using power automate to send the fields to a flow and write it to Excel.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.