Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

geopard1
Regular Visitor

Create a report based on combined table and gallery output

Good morning,

I work with power BI for certain time and I would considerate myself as advanced report creator(user). Everytime in past I was able to create some kind workaround etc. However I have found an issue that i am facing now and I am not able to resolve it.

Problem is how to combine table and pictures automatically.  For example When ICombined_table and Gallery together.png open the report (filtered acording days) I want to have the list of the records for the single day and also the gallery of attachments of these records.

I am able to make it for one day, however cant make it automatically for variable number of days. See picture.

Is there any possibility to get this output. I would be gratefull for any advices/suggestions.

Best regards 

Stanislav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @geopard1 ,

You cannot have a growth of the visualizations based on the selected values, unfortunatly tables and matrix do not allow small multiples.

Have you tried creating a matrix were the values on the rows would be the days and the gallery part would be the images?

You can also try and check if there is some custom visual that will allow you to do this.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @geopard1 ,

You cannot have a growth of the visualizations based on the selected values, unfortunatly tables and matrix do not allow small multiples.

Have you tried creating a matrix were the values on the rows would be the days and the gallery part would be the images?

You can also try and check if there is some custom visual that will allow you to do this.

Regards

Miguel Félix

geopard1
Regular Visitor

OK, I'll try to by more concrete.

From filtered list of records with all attachments I would like to have some kind of detail report that shows user, which attachment belong to which record. And I would like to have it grouped according to Date. (first column). On the picture you can see there are 4 records with 3 different dates (source data). So we would have three groups of record lists with attachments (detailed report).    I hope picture say more.

Combined_table and Gallery together 2.png

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @geopard1 ,

The image and the explanation is not very perceivable can you please elaborate a little bit more, Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly (courtesy of @Greg_Deckler) and How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum (courtesy of @ImkeF).

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.