Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dosania
Helper II
Helper II

Create a new table with measure values in a column

Hi,

I'm trying to create a new table that will allow me to combine measure values into 2 columns, Measure Name, and Measure Value.

I am have calculated seperate measures for some of my key attributes; Uniqueness, Timeliness, Completness etc at an attribute level (e.g. Account ID, Customer Name etc).

I'd like to show this at a team level, usng a Radar chart.

To do this, I need the seperate measure values in 2 columns Category and Y-Axis which is the data field.

Can anyone help me shape my data to get it into this format? I could pivot the data if it was columns, but can't seem to as measures.

Thanks

anish

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@dosania 
I doubt this is possible, measures is not a value store, you cannot just have it in a table by it self. And there is no way to get the names in a column list.

Maybe share a sample table, and also the table visual including a few measures. Let's see if there is any other workaround.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dosania , You can add the measure to the table, but that will not respond to slicer filters

You can create like

Addcolumns(summarize(Table, Table[Col], Table[Col]), "M1", [Measure1])

Thanks @amitchandak . I've tried using your suggestion, and have written the following;

Metrics = addcolumns(summarize('Query1', Query1[Attribute], "Accuarcy", [Accuray %], "Consistancy", [Consistent %], "Conformity", [Conformity %], "Completed", [Completed %], "Comprehensive", [Comprehensive ], "Timeley", [Timely %], "Unique", [Unique %.]))

However, I get the following error message which I'm not being able to work through;
Too few arguments were passed to the ADDCOLUMNS function. The minimum argument count for the function is 3.

Any help on fixing this woudl be great.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.