Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

edumach
Helper I
Helper I

Create a metric from two others

Hello guys,

I need help to solve a problem

I have a month chart, where I show the number of contacts made via whatsapp, from January to May 2022 it is a metric and after May the rule changes and it is a new metric

I would like to put in the same column chart, a single measure

I have a time attribute called MesFormatado and the two measures, QtyVirtualAgentLegado and QtyVirtualAgentCare, the attribute is in my calendar fact, and the measures are in my FTRequisicaoTarifa fact, Calendario and FTRequisicaoTarifa are listed by an SK.Grafic.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
edumach
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak 

Metric returned error

The report measure 'FTRequisicaoTarifa'[EVANEW] has a semantic or syntactic error in line 1, position 52, reported by Analysis Services: 'Calculation error in measure 'FTRequisicaoTarifa'[EVANEW]: A 'FILTER' function was used in a True/False expression used as table filter expression. This is not allowed.

EVANEW = calculate(FTRequisicaoTarifa[QtyVirtualAgentLega], filter(Calendario, Calendario[Data] <= date(2022,05,31)) + calculate(FTRequisicaoTarifa[QtyVirtualAgentCare], filter(Calendario, Calendario[Data] > date(2022,05,31))))

View solution in original post

Hi , @edumach 

You can try this, the "()" in your dax is wrong:

EVANEW = calculate(FTRequisicaoTarifa[QtyVirtualAgentLega], filter(Calendario, Calendario[Data] <= date(2022,05,31))) + calculate(FTRequisicaoTarifa[QtyVirtualAgentCare], filter(Calendario, Calendario[Data] > date(2022,05,31)))

If this method does not meet your needs, you can provide us with your special sample data and the desired output sample data in the form of tables, so that we can better help you solve the problem.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
edumach
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak 

Metric returned error

The report measure 'FTRequisicaoTarifa'[EVANEW] has a semantic or syntactic error in line 1, position 52, reported by Analysis Services: 'Calculation error in measure 'FTRequisicaoTarifa'[EVANEW]: A 'FILTER' function was used in a True/False expression used as table filter expression. This is not allowed.

EVANEW = calculate(FTRequisicaoTarifa[QtyVirtualAgentLega], filter(Calendario, Calendario[Data] <= date(2022,05,31)) + calculate(FTRequisicaoTarifa[QtyVirtualAgentCare], filter(Calendario, Calendario[Data] > date(2022,05,31))))

Hi , @edumach 

You can try this, the "()" in your dax is wrong:

EVANEW = calculate(FTRequisicaoTarifa[QtyVirtualAgentLega], filter(Calendario, Calendario[Data] <= date(2022,05,31))) + calculate(FTRequisicaoTarifa[QtyVirtualAgentCare], filter(Calendario, Calendario[Data] > date(2022,05,31)))

If this method does not meet your needs, you can provide us with your special sample data and the desired output sample data in the form of tables, so that we can better help you solve the problem.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@edumach , a new measure

calculate([Metric1], filter(Date, Date[Date] <= date(2022,05,31)) + calculate([Metric2], filter(Date, Date[Date] > date(2022,05,31)) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.